PDA

View Full Version here: : Queen's Brian May host Sky at Night?

PeterM
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
An interesting thought. I too and others I know had already discussed this, I think he would be the perfect presenter, if the BBC decides to keep the show running... "we just don't know".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/9751563/Brian-May-should-replace-Sir-Patrick-Moore-on-Sky-At-Night-astronomy-experts-say.html

JB80
03-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I think this is one of those natural rumours that is fairly obvious to make so the press are runnning with it.
There is still one episode to go with Sir Patrick(to be aired this Sunday) so I don't imagine any decisions will be made before that and possibly any tribute shows they might be planning.

Personally I don't see much need to monkey with the current team or format at least for the forseeable future. Brian May would make a nice addition to the show though.
It's hard to say what will happen, part of me thinks that the best outcome will be to leave the show to continue the way it is with no major overhaul or worse to yet cancel it.

jjjnettie
03-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I think Chris Lintott, Pete Lawrence and Paul Abel are quite capable of running the show. :)

JB80
03-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Exactly, they do a great job as is.

PeterM
04-01-2013, 08:11 AM
I agree also, but then I am seeing them from an amateur astronomers perspective not a novice, casual viewer/channel switcher . The question is will they capture the imagination of the general public long term as Patrick did. I think a larger than life figure with a passion is needed and to me anyway it seems Brian May could well do that.

JB80
07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
The last episode with Sir Patrick was aired last night, it was quite fitting that it was all about introducing beginners to their new scopes which was something he always thought was important.

Paul Abel posted that the show is going to continue on as normal with the guys Chris Linttot, Pete Lawrence, Chris North and himself.