PDA

View Full Version here: : Android App for GRS transit?

TechnoViking
02-01-2013, 12:19 AM
I remember someone mentioning a while ago about an App for android that gives the time of the great red spot transit? could someone possibly give the name of that app, ive searched high and low on the google play store for it.

Cheers

James

Suzy
02-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Oh yes, yes, yes, I want to know this too, sounds super! :D:D:D

Forgey
02-01-2013, 01:48 AM
I dont know about Android, but on the iphone its called Jupiter Guide.

EDIT: I did find this: Jupiter Widget
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=requio.com_jovian_sats.w idget_paid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMS wyLDEsInJlcXVpby5jb21fam92aWFuX3Nhd HMud2lkZ2V0X3BhaWQiXQ..

also this:Galilean for phones
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=requio.com_galilean_moon s&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMS wyLDEsInJlcXVpby5jb21fZ2FsaWxlYW5fb W9vbnMiXQ..

doug mc
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
If you google grs transit times, there is a astronomy magazine page with the transit times listed. Just save the page or bookmark it.

Andy Walters
13-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Gas Giants app for i pod is fantastic. Wish I could find the same for android!
Cheers Andy.:)

Yogie-One
26-02-2013, 10:06 PM
You could try an app called JoveMoons, which shows a pictorial view of the positions of the 4 Jupiter moons and the position of the GRS with local time. With "Real Time" "frozen" Fast Forward and Rewind, you can dial up either time or GRS position.

Steffen
26-02-2013, 10:55 PM
SkySafari shows the upcoming GRS, moon and shadow transits too, BTW. Not sure whether all version have it, but Pro does for sure.

Cheers
Steffen.

noeyedeer
27-02-2013, 03:23 PM
mobile observatory will show you when the grs is viewable. click on planets, Jupiter, than moons, and press +h until the grs is in view on Jupiter.
its by far my most used app. its not fancy, its accurate and informative with a lot of information at a screen press.
Matt

latest version is 1.99.1, (thought I had the latest) and works well. only draw back is the more well known objects are shown at any zoom,but you have to zoom in to see the lesser known catalogue items. has messier, cadwell and the ngc

edit: plus comets, asteroids, magnitude filter etc etc very handy