PDA

View Full Version here: : A new (old) PayPal scam email

pmrid
01-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Just got one of those emails purporting to be from PayPal saying my a/c was being 'limited' until I log into PayPal using the link provided and update my details.
Not addressed to me by name and from an obviously bogus address.
I wonder how many people fall into the trap?
Peter

jjjnettie
01-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Paypal ALWAYS address you by name. And yes, they must get enough people falling for it to keep doing it.

leon
01-01-2013, 01:35 PM
We have had a couple of those type of emails in the past, their very tricky buggers.

Leon

04Stefan07
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeh I would just ignore any of those emails and log in to my actual PayPal account to see if there are any notifications to update details, etc.

Barrykgerdes
01-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I always forward those emails to spoof@paypal.com.au

They acknowledge receipt and thank you.

Barry

mithrandir
01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
I never view emails as "original html", at least until I've looked through the URLs.

Since when would PayPal want to send me emails from anywhere EXCEPT an paypal.com or paypal.com.au address and containing non-PayPal URLs? Nigeria? China? Russia? Ukraine? Singapore? Mexico? Columbia? Brazil? Add your choices to the list.

Then there are bank emails from a non-matching-bank-name address? Especially ones I don't now and never had any business.

ReaPerMan
02-01-2013, 03:57 AM
I received the same email yesterday!. Forwarded it to PayPal after checking my accounts to make sure there was no unauthorised activity.

All the best

Paul :thumbsup: