PDA

View Full Version here: : ETX90 handset issues - help!

Matt Wastell
30-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi all,
I have just fired up my ETX90 after quite some time and the Autostar hand held controller is not showing any writing / text - you can see it is illuminated in the screen but nothing else.
The scope seems to respond to button pressing as it begins its alignment routine? Any tips?
Thanks in advance.

mozzie
30-12-2012, 07:35 PM
hi matt,
something silly but what about the brigtness and contrast feature in utilities.or some contact cleaner where it plugs into the scope and autostar..

FlashDrive
30-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Matt ... Electronic items sometime behave in a ' strange ' manner ...especially when left unused over a period of time ....and then turned back on again.

Have you tried doing a few ' reboots ' on the Hand Held Controller ... sometimes a few ' spikes ' of voltage can ' wake ' these ' critters ' back to reality.

My GPS was plugged back in after sitting in my car's glove box for near on 2 months without use....turned it on ...' nothing ' ... plugged in the charger, expecting the GPS to ' light ' up ...nothing...!! ....So I turned it off .. but left it plugged in the cigarette lighter. ... Came back 1/2 hr later to see how things were ...' turned it on ... ' bingo ' we have a display ... searching for GPS signal....etc ...etc.

Give it a try .. .. might just do the ' trick '

Flash ..!! :hi:

Matt Wastell
30-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Hi Peter
I will play with the contacts but the scope slews etc so I think that is OK.
I want to try the brightness but I cannot see the menu!
Thanks.

Matt Wastell
30-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks Col - I am giving it a jolt!