PDA

View Full Version here: : Advice needed - Baader Hyperion Mark III Clickstop Zoom Eyepiece 8-24mm

spacezebra
21-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Greetings

Advice needed on the various zoom eyepieces. I would like to get a little closer to the moon and at the moment using:

Canon Camera
T-ring adapter
50mm extension tube

I can get good views now, however can someone please advise on the Zoom eyepieces or an alternative that I can fit to the camera and scope.

What is the configuration and if possible a pick of the config.

Cheers Petra d.

Allan_L
21-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Petra,
I have only used the ep for visual, but I recall there were a lot of threads and bits that screwed on and off...

Google search - There is a lot of information at heir site.

For example:
http://www.baader-planetarium.de/com/pdf/hyperion_brief_description_e.pdf

Hope this helps

Allan

spacezebra
21-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks Allan

Looks good, I may need another adapter for the eyepiece itself by the looks of it. Are there other models - with similar setup. Also looking for those on the forum that have used this in conjunction with camera and scope.

Cheers Petra d.

MortonH
28-12-2012, 11:26 PM
I suggest reposting this in the astrophotography section. Will be interested in the responses myself!

gbeal
29-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Petra,
what are you using now, specifically? What scope, and what eyepiece(s). And what are the results like, can you post a picture?
For lunar I tend to use a webcam actually, but agree, the DSLR works, just not for me. I suspect you are asking about eyepiece projection, and this is a little bit more involved. In my earlier imaging days I used the afocal method, used an eyepiece, and a simple fixed lens digital camera. It worked, but it was hard work too.
Gary

DarthWombat
31-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Have you tried using a Barlow instead of the extension piece? That should work for you at a fraction of the cost.

I own a Baader zoom and the eyepiece adaptor but I reckon the Barlow puts less glass in the way. I bought the eyepiece for viewing and the adaptor to keep my options open.

Poita
31-12-2012, 12:32 PM
A barlow or powemate would give better results and probably cost less.

spacezebra
31-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Thank you all for the replies

Gary, Im currently using:

orion 102ED EQ6
Canon 60Da
T-ring adapter
50mm extension tube. My preference is the DSLR.

Ill have a go at the Barlow and see how that goes.

Cheers Petra d.