PDA

View Full Version here: : EXOPlanet App IOS

ourkind
21-12-2012, 08:41 AM
If you haven't already downloaded it and you have a clever phone then you are missing out and I suggest you do the right thing and download this app.

With this app you can keep abreast of the latest updates pertaining to exo-planets, any new discoveries are quickly added to the database and you can visit each solar system containing the exoplanet and view it with fine detail.

A stack of additional information is also available like location coordinates, orbital periods, method by which it was discovered and much more.

It is free for the most part but if you want to zoom out of the milkyway and see other galaxies and the CMB then you need to pay a few dollars.

Today Exoplanet released a new update which now adds dust lanes and colour to the milkyway. It looks amazing.

here is a screenshot

Barrykgerdes
21-12-2012, 08:57 AM
If you are interested in exoplanets. Stellarium has an exoplanet plugin that is regularly updated and shows their locations on the display.

Barry

ourkind
21-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Ah that's cool too I didn't know :thanx:

04Stefan07
21-12-2012, 09:56 AM
I've had this on my iPhone for ages! Fantastic app and the update is really cool.

You can add Kepler objects by buying additional features as well.

ourkind
21-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I love it when some asks me about the size of the Universe, I always show them this app and zoom out from our solar system. The scales helps to put things in perspective :)