PDA

View Full Version here: : 10 inch gso dob install instructions?

Blair
17-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi all

Edit: found a video tutorial for another brand which looks the same setup http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VVBRDCS_qsI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVVBRDCS_ qsI

My dob arrived with no instructions on how to put it together. Is this normal? Does anyone have a digital copy or a web link to one.

Cheers
:shrug:

vaztr
17-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Blair,

If you email the guys at Bintel they'll be happy to email a copy of the 10" manual to you

VAZ

PS. I am not affiliated with any company that wants to give me free astronomy gear :(

Blair
17-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Andrew. The above video was all that was needed and 20 minutes total.

Not worth a new thread however I note the centre bolt that holds the two base plates together with with large bearing between, unscrews itself when rotating anti clockwise. It unscrews itself to a point only where the rotation becomes very easy to rotate with little friction in movement. Is this normal for a dobsonian or is a dab of locktite or similar needed on that bolt?

Cheers!
......... And as predicted, clouds tonight!

malclocke
17-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeh, I noticed mine did the same thing when I first got it, although I haven't noticed it doing it lately. Which either means it's 'bedded in' somehow, or I always subconsciously rotate it clockwise ;)

2stroke
17-12-2012, 09:51 PM
There's a metal bush that the bolts meant to go through, it will be in the bag. It extends about 1mm extra between the base and main base and will be a brass or silver bit of metal tube/pipe.

Blair
17-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Cheers, that bush is in. How this would stop the undoing of the bolt I cannot see. More investigating is needed and the end result I'm sure will be my first mod. Yeah!