PDA

View Full Version here: : Blogging Thread Request.

Suzy
16-12-2012, 08:40 AM
I was wondering if I could have a blogging thread?
I do a fairly large amount of educational astronomy related posts on facebook, but I just don't see them worthy enough to post dedicated threads on each topic here.
Basically, things I would be posting are pictures, science related news and videos.
Just such a shame I'm not sharing them here, so this could be a good way I think?
What do you think? :)

Screwdriverone
16-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Good idea Suzy,

Why dont you post in the Astronomy and Celestial Events forum a thread with a catchy title?

I dunno, maybe something like.....

"Suzy's Sticky Astro Webb Blog" ;)

See what I did there??? Multiple puns.....a winner!!! :)

Cheers

Chris

Suzy
16-12-2012, 02:06 PM
That title may just stick, rather catchy! :P:lol:

Thanks for vote of confidence. :D

Lester
16-12-2012, 02:16 PM
You will get a Big Plus from me Suzy for spreading the word about our night sky. All the best.

Larryp
16-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Good idea, Suzy.:thumbsup:

Suzy
16-12-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks Lester! I could post some of your awesome time-lapses & pics too. :D Not everyone goes into the imaging section, and I'm guilty of that myself spending way too few visits in there.

Here is a good example of what I could post:

National Geographics Best Space Pictures of 2012.
(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/12/pictures/121211-best-space-2012-endeavour-mars-rover-nasa-science/?source=email_inside&utm_source=NatGeocom&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=inside_20121215&utm_campaign=Content#/space221-star-trails_61087_600x450.jpg)
or this

How the Mayan apocalypse came from a new age magic mushroom trip. (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/How the Mayan apocalypse came from a new age magic mushroom trip.)
I read a lot! :P

jjjnettie
16-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Sounds a fine idea Suzy. :)

Suzy
16-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks Laurie & Jeanette. :D

And of course I hope anyone would add to the blog- Nettie I know that you post a lot of good stuff on facebook! :thumbsup:

Now *tap* *tap* *tap* waiting waiting waiting for Mike to respond and put me out of my mysery urrrrgh!

Suzy
20-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Still waiting to get the nod. hmmmm...

Hello.... hello.... hello.....

Is there anybody in there? ........

Just nod if you can hear me ........

Is there anyone home? .........

pluto
20-12-2012, 11:19 AM
What about just starting a free blog on wordpress.com or similar?
My old blog was on wordpress.com and it's a really good platform, easy to use and people can subscribe so that they are notified when you post something new.
Plus you can choose themes so your blog can look the way you want, you get statistics so you know how many people are reading it. And you won't be limited by the 200Kb file size limit like on this forum.
And did I mention it's free, with no ads :D

astroron
20-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Hugh,I think you may have missed Suzy's point:question:
Suzy would like to start a blog on "iceinspace"
That was the request to Mike ;)
I am sure she is aware she can start blogs elsewhere :P
Cheers:thumbsup:
PS I too think it is a good idea Suzy as I know how much effort is made on FB all the educational and interesting stuff you find :thumbsup:

pluto
20-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I got it Ron :)
I was just offering an alternative as it's been a few days and it seems Suzy hasn't had any word from the mods yet.

astroron
20-12-2012, 12:15 PM
:thumbsup:

iceman
20-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Sorry I read this thread originally and forgot to reply :)

I think it's a great idea Suzy. I'd like to offer more than just a thread though - maybe a way of adding them as articles/blogs to the IceInSpace main site, like as a contributor.

Let me see what I can arrange and I'll get in touch! :thumbsup:

Suzy
21-12-2012, 11:18 AM
WOWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!! :eyepop:

That's so much more than what I expected!
Oh yes, yes, thank you Mike, I'm so excited and I look forward to hearing back from you.

iceman
21-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I likely won't be able to do anything until after xmas though, so hang tight :)

Suzy
21-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi Hugh and thanks for your suggestion,
but as Ron said, I wanted to make it for IceInSpace members. I wanted to feed more educational astronomy news into the forum (I just don't feel there is enough here at the moment) in the one place, where members can open up the thread like opening a newspaper.

I appreciate the trouble you went to with your suggestion though.:)

And thank you Ron for clearing all that up with Hugh. I appreciate the trouble you went to. :):):)

Mike,

I'm not in favour of having a "like" button on the forum, but perhaps it has it's place for what I want to do.:question: Anyhow, you know what you're doing so I'll leave it in your capable hands. Oh I can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

I've gone from singing Pink Floy'ds Comfortably Numb up above with "any body out there" to doing the Pointer Sisters Neutron Dance, wooohooooo!

:party::party::party::party::party: