PDA

View Full Version here: : My new scope's arrived...

cybereye
12-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Hello everyone!!

Well it should come as no surprise to those in Brisbane, as they deal with the showers that persist in our fine city, that my new telescope has arrived! As mentioned in previous dispatches it is a GSO 8" Ritchey-Chretien scope and I can't wait to get it out for its first light. But first things first - it needed a name!!

Now considering the amount of negotiation that went into this purchase, and the unknowns that await, I've decided to call my new scope "Machiavelli" - I think the following quote sums up why I would call it this name...

"It should be borne in mind that there is nothing more difficult to handle, more doubtful of success, more dangerous to carry through than initiating change. The innovator makes enemies of all those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support is forthcoming from those who would prosper under the new." Niccolo Machiavelli, 1513

Anyway, without further ado, I take this imaginary bottle of Champagne, whack it over the edge of the new scope and announce "I christen thee Machiavelli!" :D

Cheers,
Mario

ourkind
12-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Hip Hip Hooraaaaay :thumbsup:

lacad01
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Nice work Mario, look forward to seeing some images from this beastie :thumbsup: