PDA

View Full Version here: : Help me decide

Cosmic
11-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

Currently use a 550d for asto work, and its quite noisy. I can get a 450 cheap, will this be better than the 550 for noise to singal.

I did check this ou http://ghonis2.ho8.com/T3iReview/T3iReview.html :) just need to know any personal experience to help me decide.

Thanks for any guidance.

Dan

ZeroID
12-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Before I went down a different path camera wise I was looking at Canon gear for obvious reasons. The 450 was touted to be the best low noise cheap option but is only a 12 mp camera IIRC. The next option I looked at was the 650 at 18 mp but obviously dearer.
Depends how cheap you can get it for. If nothing else it's a good way to get a camera you can afford to mod without too much investment loss and they seem to have turned out some good pix. What sort of price are you talking about here ?

I bought a SONY A77 SLT 24 mp in the end but the decision was influenced greatly by existing lenses etc I already have and my long affiliation and fondness for the KM\SONY lineup. Still explorng it's amazing capabilities both in normal and astro photography.