PDA

View Full Version here: : Internet Service Providers

Colin_Fraser
08-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking of moving away from Telstra and was wondering if any members use Westnet (iiNet) and if so, is the service they provide okay?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

GTB_an_Owl
08-12-2012, 09:39 PM
iinet have had a good reputation in the past

geoff

Blue Skies
08-12-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm a long time (10+ years) iiNet user and have had very few problems with them. The worst was probably asking for a quota upgrade and having it stuffed up in the local exchange but I've generally found them to be pretty good. I usually find it a no-fuss service. I see they have recently changed their domain-hosting capacity and now offer sites that support SQL databases, which they didn't a few years a back, but they're not the cheapest (never have been). Being a born and bred sandgroper I wanted to support a WA company back then and I've not been sorry I did. That's my 2c worth. :)

M110
09-12-2012, 12:52 AM
I have been with Dodo for about 3 yrs. They are only ISP I am totally happy with. Not had one problem with them. Have had a lot ISPs in the 15yrs since the days since the bad old days of 28.8k dial up modems. And nobody can beat $40 a month for unlimited D/L.

Poita
09-12-2012, 01:42 AM
I've been with iinet on and off for 10 years. Used them at many businesses as well. The best support in the business. Good phone support that is not outsourced to countries where English is a second language. Good tracking and follow through with any issues. Have always found them to be the best service all round.

LewisM
09-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Been a Westnet user for about 6 years. NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER! Every issue you may have is instantly resolved (where possible), Customer service is in AUSTRALIA (isn't that a novelty these days!), tech service actually know what they are doing and don't read a script.

I do not intend switching from Westnet any time soon. I did notice SOME changes (slightly negative ones) after the iinet merger/buy-out, but those seem to have been resolved, since I believe iinet found Westnet's "way" better :)

Just a brilliant ISP.

Here's a simple example - since moving to our new home, I have not had the occasion to ring Westnet since they reconnected here (free, I may add). That's been 3 years!

rat156
09-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Colin,

I have a friend who swears by them. Whereas I swear at mine (Telstra). Unfortunately for me I have cable, which is faster and all, but restricts the number of ISPs you can have.

Of course you should check to see when the NBN comes by your neck of the woods, this should open up your possibilities as well.

Cheers
Stuart

troypiggo
09-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I've been using iiNet for about 10 years I think. No complaints at all. We use Bigpond at work, and iiNet are lightyears ahead of them.

bobson
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
I've been using iinet for well over 8 years now and am happy with their service. If there is a problem support is always there. What I like is you don't have to wait in the cue but leave your preferred phone number and they call you back when your turn comes up.

Good mobile phone deals as well.

cheers

bob

EricB
09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
I have been with iinet for over 10 year (internet and phone), I haven't have any problem. Their customer service is very good.

Eric

Colin_Fraser
09-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks very much for the responses. Looks like iinet is getting a new customer in the morning.
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Colin_Fraser
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Could not wait until tomorrow. Joined and got a great combo deal.
$100 a month for 100G plus free local and free STD calls, free setup and a Bob2 modem with phone and answering machine at no extra cost.
Also got a mobile phone SIM card with $165 credits per month.

Colin_Fraser
19-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Finally got rid of Telstra and now with Westnet. Amazing difference.
Speed increase from 3-4Mbps to a whopping 12Mbps.

LewisM
19-12-2012, 05:24 PM
They must have changed their deals since we joined (and they will always honour old deals it seems) - we get 200 GB for $99.95, with the phone etc.

I see that deal is not available any longer.

Colin_Fraser
19-12-2012, 06:52 PM
That's a pretty good deal. They have a similar deal but only if you are within their network.

GraemeT
19-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I started with ozemail who were then taken over by iinet, overall about 14 years with the one ISP. I never had any problems with them. Recently, I had some difficulties with a new computer, iinet's tech help was incredible, solving a problem not of their making, on the phone for over 2 hours (their cost - call back) working through the problem. Then my wife's Apple developed a login problem, (Apple's fault, not theirs) which Apple had 3 goes at unsuccessfully fixing. iinet took remote control and fixed the whole thing in minutes.
I've nothing but praise for them!