PDA

View Full Version here: : Brush with fame - missed by that much

mithrandir
03-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Cate Blanchette was three houses down the street today shooting a scene for a new movie. The traffic control guys wouldn't say which well known actor was there - just that there were one or two - until after she'd left. :(

MortonH
03-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Bugger. And you being Gandalf and all!

pluto
03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I had a few drinks with her husband, Andrew Upton, last year when he was at our office for some work we were doing for the Sydney Theatre Company. He's nice but I think a bit crazy :D

Deeno
03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Apparently.......
They are a bit tight with paying bills.....
From someone I know who has dealt with them

jjjnettie
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
:) Woo Hoo

taminga16
03-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Someone who knows someone whoe just might be conected....

SOME PEPOLES MINDS ARE LIKE CONCRETE, THOROUGHLY MIXED AND FIRMLY SET!

Varangian
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes but does she know about space the way you know about space? No, so I'd rather be you.

A little bit of money is always nice though...:lol:

MattT
03-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Cate Who????... whatever...Greg what are the skies like in Maldon????, which happens to be my most favourite town in all Victoria. Thinking long term here...have laid the foundations for a tree change years ago with the OIC.
:D Matt

blink138
04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
its funny how how someone famous can change you, i have been lucky enough to have had heath ledger (rest his soul, if indeed we have one of those) and also beyonce!
even though i would not have recognised her in a blind fit, i did know she was in my area and shopping!
on both occasions, even though i have been a dispensing optician for 30 years.... damn i was nervous!!
pat

mozzie
04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
i spent around 3 months bricking up russell crowes guest retreat/change rooms for his cricket oval,and other jobs around his property up here at nana glen...he was a really nice bloke he'd come down and have a chat and ask questions of our trade and life really cool.....the one thing i would say he didn't seem to have privacy like us peasents :lol::lol: there was security hoovering around him all the time at a distance but always around,we were always being watched..i suppose that goes with fame.

hotspur
04-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Never really had much to do with famous people,but the Peter's meet sounds good-well done!

The only person a bit famous we met once,was an Australian zoo keeper,that had properties up here near Blackbutt-he was even more scary in real life than on the T.V-he carried on like he had ants in his pants,or had just drunk a bottle of red cordial straight (or may be both)-never quite seen anything quite like it-how on earth he lived for as long as did was nothing short of amazing.

MikeyB
04-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Crikey! ;)

Deeno
04-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Thought I'd point out how rude and offencive it is to SHOUT some meaningless proverb at me across the inter web.

Particularly in response to a situation you know absolutely nothing about!:rolleyes:

PCH
04-12-2012, 10:37 PM
+1 deeno, - well said !

Danack
04-12-2012, 10:40 PM
That's either mistyped or the phrase 'have had' means something quite different here than it does in the UK. :rofl:

Octane
04-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Brush with fame? I'm photographing a wedding on the 27th where Professor Brian Schmidt will be in attendance. :D

For those who've been living under a rock, he won the Nobel Prize this year. :D

The bride has just completed her PhD dissertation and Professor Schmidt was her thesis supervisor.

H

ourkind
05-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Awesome :thumbsup: are you going to sneak in an autograph? Enjoy the shoot.

blink138
05-12-2012, 12:21 AM
ha ha dan!........ although i was born and bred in liverpool UK, i do see what you mean........ even if i had finished the sentence with "in my shop" well.... it sounds even kinkier!
a lose lose situation no matter what tee hee!
pat

AstralTraveller
05-12-2012, 11:40 AM
At first glance that sounds unethical. It isn't of course unprecedented for close relationships to develop but in the cases I've seen that means getting another supervisor. The original supervisor remains a very close adviser but the official side is handled by someone without the emotional attachment. That is not in any way to question Brian's integrity but it is a case of justice having to be seen to be done.

Octane
05-12-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm confused.

H

AstralTraveller
05-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. :( I thought Brian had supervised his bride-to-be, which would be inappropriate. Nothing wrong with inviting your supervisor to your wedding. In fact it only goes to show that there is a very positive relationship between them. In future I'll try to read twice and write once.

BTW I was at a wedding the other day where the photographer was obviously a noob. They manged to fill the memory card of their only camera as the bride walked down the aisle. :eyepop: Their sprint to the car was impressive and they were back before the ceremony began.

Marke
05-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Where Andrew which street was it ?

mithrandir
05-12-2012, 09:27 PM
In Sexton, Mark. I'd rather not include numbers but it's one different to mine and is not directly opposite. :)

Barrykgerdes
07-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Does having a conversation about marine radio in California with Lee Marvin count, (while hundreds of people looked on from the distance).

or knowing Bob Dyer and working on his boat.

Both have passed on now.

Lee Marvin was in quite a few "westerns" but his idea of a horse was a marlin over 500Kg

Barrykgerdes
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Ooh!

I just remembered another VVVIP. SWMBO was once the most well known identity in Grafton. She was the morning announcer on 2GF Grafton in the early 40's

Barry