Extract from IceInSpace Terms of Service:
10. IceTrade Classifieds Terms of Service
- Persons holding out items for sale shall be truthful in their description of items for sale, and shall not be indemnified by the administrators or moderators of the site in respect of any claim that a purchaser may have against such vendor under any trade practices or sale of good legislation.
- The administrators and moderators expressly have no liability for the transactions which may occur between members of the forum, whether through the medium of the IceTrade Classifieds, or otherwise.
- Each forum member who purchases an item from another forum member, does so at their own risk and they expressly waive any entitlement to bring any claim against an administrator or moderator with respect to any such transaction.
- Creating a thread to sell an item on behalf of a third party is not allowed. The seller must register to the forums and list the item themselves.
- Items for sale on ebay or another auction/for sale site must be listed in full in the IceTrade Classifieds. An ad can not simply be a link to another auction/for sale site.
- Ads that are sold or have had no activity for 2 months, will be moved to the Archives.
- If you have sold your item, please edit the title to include "SOLD". If your Ad is older than 2 weeks, contact a moderator to do it for you.
- If you would like your Ad locked, moved or deleted, simply ask a moderator to do so.
- Please don't post replies to someone else's Ad unless it's specifically related to the item - that is, if you're asking relevant questions about it, perhaps with a view to purchasing.
- Keep off-topic and spam posts out of the IceTrade Classifieds. It's not going to help someone sell their item if the threads contain off-topic posts.
- Think before you post - if it's simply a comment or suggestion or similar, would it be best done via a PM or email?
- Items listed for sale which breach any of the conditions above may be moved or removed.
- New members wishing to place ads in the IceTrade Classifieds must be a member for at least 1 month, and have made at least 5 posts in any part of the forum. This does not impact new members' ability to buy items, including replying to threads or sending Private Messages to users.
If selling an item, your thread title should be "For Sale: XXXXXXX".
If wanting to buy an item, your thread title should be "Wanted: XXXXXXX"
If wanting to trade an item, your thread title should be "Trade: XXXXXX"
The post should ideally contain:
- A Description of the item
- A picture of the item
- Cost you are willing to sell it for
- Postage costs or pickup location
- Preferred contact method (forum private message, email, phone, etc)
- Preferred payment methods.
The threaded style of the forum will allow potential buyers/sellers to interact in public (via replies to the thread) if you have questions about the item.
Alternatively your correspondence can be in private via PM, email, phone etc.
Once an item is sold/found, please edit your thread to include the word "SOLD" or "FOUND" in the title. If your Ad is over 2 weeks old, contact a moderator to edit the title for you.
Your item should be sold on a first-in-first-served basis. That can include first to reply or first PM with stated intention to buy